Top racing & dazzling entertainment / Taylor Swift in Concert
AUSTIN, Texas (October 23, 2016) – The 2016 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX is promising some surprises – on and off the track. This weekend is dedicated to the return of F1 to Austin, Texas, for the fifth successive year at Circuit of The Americas (COTA). The race weekend in Austin promises to be the biggest and best yet, including a very special concert to celebrate the 5th running of the event.
Headliner: 10-time GRAMMY winner, singer, musician, and songwriter Taylor Swift will perform on COTA’s Super Stage on Saturday, October 22nd after the Qualifying session. Closing out the the weekend’s entertainment on Sunday 23rd October will be R&B superstar Usher accompanied by the legendary Roots Crew – known to many as the house band on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.
The dazzling off-track entertainment will meet its match with the on-track drama of high-tech innovation and sporting courage, including the debut on home soil of the Haas F1 Team – the first American-led Formula One outfit since 1986.
Some facts and figures:
- The maximum speed reached on the circuit by an F1 car is 314kph (195.11 mph)
- The Circuit of The Americas is 5.515km in length and is made up of 20 Turns
- The most successful F1 driver & team to have raced at COTA are Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes AMG Petronas with 3 and 2 wins respectively
- Some of the biggest stars in music including Flo Rida, Pit Bull, Live, Public Enemy, Kid Rock & Elton John have performed at COTA during the USGP
- 2016 will see Taylor Swift and Usher & The Roots perform at the USGP, with the former’s performance being her only concert of the year
- The 2016 FIA Formula One world championship is made up of 22 drivers (of 14 different nationalities) competing for 11 teams
- The fastest recorded time for a pit stop is 1.92 seconds – a feat shared by Williams Martini Racing (achieved at the 2016 Grand Prix of Europe on Felipe Massa’s car) and Red Bull Racing (achieved at the 2013 U.S. Grand Prix at COTA on Mark Webber’s car)
- The engine of a Formula One car is 1.6-litres in capacity and rev-limited to 15,000rpm. This means that the piston travels up and down 250 times a second. By comparison, an average road car is rev-limited to 6,000rpm.
Tickets for the exhilarating race weekend are available for purchase atwww.circuitoftheamericas.com.
For more information, please visit www.circuitoftheamericas.com.